View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 08:32   Link #84
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
By that argument, are you suggesting that Delta is the MOST successful Macross TV series ever, and that every other TV series are massive failures?

Because if you are saying the quick turn around is a sign of confidence, then you are directly suggesting 7, Fronter, and the first one too, are all "failures" for not spawning a brand new TV series two years later.

That's why I disagree with you. I believe from history, the franchise is meant to coax along for years between TV series. And that this sudden announcement is a vote of no confidence that claim Delta doesn't have sustainability in maintaining merchandise sales.
Not at all.
I'm only saying it sold enough for Kawamori, who did new things in Delta which are brave decisions, and now he is once again going with a bold decision of doing a new TV series within a year of the last TV series (has never been done for Macross prior).

See it as ambition or hopefulness on his side that if he continues on his "brave decisions" like he did with Delta by doing a new project right off the bat (and/or if planned ahead of time) that it could benefit him. Regardless if Delta sold like gold or not, it's all in his hopes of finding that "one thing" which will keep Macross, as a franchise, alive.

And I said eons ago that Delta did do risque things in terms of plot and sequences in the series which is... really "not Macross" but is all a sign he's trying to reinvent his franchise but more than likely is not entirely sold on how he could do it.