View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 08:08   Link #83
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Apparently, Delta sold enough within Japan for the Macross franchise to kick off a new TV series (unless other information reveals it's all planned ahead of time, which I'm biased about at this point). Kawamori believes enough in his fanbase in Japan that he has sold enough Blu-rays, albums, and merchandise so he can do a new project. The fact he's not falling on Aquarion, though... like he typically has once completing a new Macross ever since 2002... it's a big sign that Logos has not been received all too good in Japan too.
By that argument, are you suggesting that Delta is the MOST successful Macross TV series ever, and that every other TV series are massive failures?

Because if you are saying the quick turn around is a sign of confidence, then you are directly suggesting 7, Fronter, and the first one too, are all "failures" for not spawning a brand new TV series two years later.

That's why I disagree with you. I believe from history, the franchise is meant to coax along for years between TV series. And that this sudden announcement is a vote of no confidence that claim Delta doesn't have sustainability in maintaining merchandise sales.