View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 06:34   Link #81
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
Spoiler for saving space:
No, that's not my sole opinion on my post. Seed-Destiny (combined) being good means that more point for Gundam TV series. Gundam remakes movies that I mentioned before is also not a rehash entirely. Even the ending differs. And if you consider overseas fans worthless than that makes your argument even more questionable because Macross also thrive on overseas opinions. But hey, at this point, you don't listen to reason anymore, you just dislike Gundam, argument is futile.

Now I'll go back to discussing the new Macross:

First, I hope there's no pressure to churn out as many series as possible coz that will really screw a series. Make one when you are ready to make one.

Second, they seriously need to talk things out with sponsors and other involved parties not to meddle much with the fixed script if it's already decided. Don't turn a movie into a series or vice versa. Plan things out better. Don't put too many cooks in the kitchen.

Third, needs more good use of a combination between valkyrie-battles, singing, and good main characters and good roles for them. Ditch the Love triangle if it's not necessary for the story.

Finally, my personal opinion, but I think Macross villains should be more otherworldly instead of copying human villains of other mecha series. That also makes more room for the protags to explore and develop their characters instead of being burdened with the obligation to develop the human-ish villains too if they're not up for it.