View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 05:47   Link #79
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
The fact Macross has mainly blips on OVA tell you its TV series shine (besides Delta).
FYI, if you consider Gundam SEED Destiny as bad outing, you should also consider Macross 7 a bad outing at least considering popular opinions. Both have less than good plot and are generally loathed by overseas fans but loved by the Japanese. Destiny even won Anime Grand Prix (an official anime-award in Japan). That would make Macross TV series a 50:50 affair which is no better (or even worse) than what Gundam has .

Quote:
And arguably, if you do feel its necessary to talk about OVA, Gundam does win;
Obviously.

Quote:
for movies, Macross again wins (with Do You Remember Love?, Plus' movie edition, and Frontier's two movies knock out all of Gundam in a heartbeat) because all of its movies have been genuinely received positively.
Haha. Mate, you've just open a Pandora's Box. Why?
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So, Macross lost even in the category that you put much hope in. You want me to continue? Because that will only make Macross looks even worse and I don't like it because I'm a fan who love both Gundam & Macross. But I have to bring this argument whenever someone said Macross is better than Gundam. I was saying both franchises is on even grounds out of good intention, I really do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Probably a few years like Macross Plus and Macross Delta.

It would be interesting though if it was concurrent with the events of Macross Delta and going beyond that timeline.

We keep hearing politics and bigger concerns is the reason Federal NUNS can't just send a fleet to the Brisingr cluster thinking it as low priority.

What if there was a crisis that needed their immediate attention instead?
I really want them to be bold and make a series focusing on the missing Megaroad 1 and other missing fleet & people. How about that? Recast the seiyuus of the old characters if necessary.