View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 02:40   Link #67
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I disagree with the above. Here’s a list of the Gundam shows with reputation according to what most people who have watched it think (though I downplay some rep a bit because some fans view shows like Gundam Wing as a masterpiece due to nostalgia goggles, but common sense says otherwise):
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So, as you can see, the majority of them are actually decent and good stuffs with some excellent masterpieces. If Macross can match those numbers, then we’re talking. So, at this point, both franchises are about even considering that half-or-so of Macross outings are OVAs or movies which naturally of higher quality than TV series.

Victory Gundam, Gundam Age & Gundam X would like to disagree with you. People have no problem ignoring a Gundam show if they think it’s bad or if they suffered Gundam fatigue (like the case with X). Also, your statement can also be applied to Macros shows, especially toward the fans just who need to watch every show be that following it weekly or postpone it for marathoning later on (I know I do).
Only problem with your list (credit for your time though) is I said specifically that I'm not talking about any movies or OVA for the series. (Side note: Destiny is a sequel to SEED so it does not count as an individual series within the franchise because sequels and prequels all count as one series in the end, it's all one story.)

And your list kind of proves my original point: Macross has been on the ball of delivering quality TV series for a little while. After all, SDF-1 received genuine praise even though its ending is not as good and Do You Remember Love? following it up only added to its initial reception. Then, of course, 7, which aside from mixed reviews on its plot, people genuinely liked Fire Bomber and its music (even if I disagree) and enjoyed it. Finally, Frontier; and who can deny of all the series Macross has pumped out that Frontier has been of the highest regard period for Macross?

Of the 4 TV series Macross has pumped out, it's all received praise.

And again, in comparison for Gundam which has run for twice as many TV series as Macross, it's a huge win for Macross that only one of their TV series is a blip.