View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 02:21   Link #65
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
In the long run, Macross has run for about as long as Gundam and has only relatively (discounting adaptions) five or six main series on its roster whereas Gundam is closing in on its... maybe 10-20(?)th installment at this point.

And, in light of this, not every Gundam or even half of its franchise has been genuinely good enough for praise while Macross has been high on its quality with only a little blip occasionally (II, Zero, and now Delta). Gundam has larger reputation for pushing out a series which is notably horrible than Macross in general.
I disagree with the above. Here’s a list of the Gundam shows with reputation according to what most people who have watched it think (though I downplay some rep a bit because some fans view shows like Gundam Wing as a masterpiece due to nostalgia goggles, but common sense says otherwise):
TL;DR…

Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
So, as you can see, the majority of them are actually decent and good stuffs with some excellent masterpieces. If Macross can match those numbers, then we’re talking. So, at this point, both franchises are about even considering that half-or-so of Macross outings are OVAs or movies which naturally of higher quality than TV series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
People will watch Gundam even if it's horrible if only for the mecha...
Victory Gundam, Gundam Age & Gundam X would like to disagree with you. People have no problem ignoring a Gundam show if they think it’s bad or if they suffered Gundam fatigue (like the case with X). Also, your statement can also be applied to Macros shows, especially toward the fans just who need to watch every show be that following it weekly or postpone it for marathoning later on (I know I do).

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2017-01-30 at 02:33.