View Single Post
Old 2017-01-30, 00:24   Link #58
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
Tell that to Tomino.
Macross can without Kawamori, they just never try it again.
Yes, and for good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The villain stuff was a response to Tak in particular. But I also want to point out that Delta is also trying to be like Gundam at some level with the villain. But failed the execution.
Fair enough; I only wanted to confirm in case you misunderstood my initial post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Joe View Post
And about animated releases, at this point, it's questionable to expect Macross to challenge Gundam's releases if the M franchise is already struggling with one animated outing (Delta) in the span of years. Meanwhile, Gundam right now is like the Marvel-machine with clear planning and good brains and muscles to make their animated features (4 different good outings in a roughly the same period is no simple task). Rather than rushing things to match Gundam release frequency, I want Kawamori and co to prioritize to think about making the next Macross anime an actually good or even great entry. I mean, Macross can't just rely on the success of the songs, singles and albums. We need more quality, or go make some pure-fun series like GBF or Macross: The Ride.
I don't know about challenging it outright via sales in particular; I'm basically concerned if Macross is challenging its releases in general.

In the long run, Macross has run for about as long as Gundam and has only relatively (discounting adaptions) five or six main series on its roster whereas Gundam is closing in on its... maybe 10-20(?)th installment at this point.

And, in light of this, not every Gundam or even half of its franchise has been genuinely good enough for praise while Macross has been high on its quality with only a little blip occasionally (II, Zero, and now Delta). Gundam has larger reputation for pushing out a series which is notably horrible than Macross in general.

So, again, I don't see an issue with challenging Gundam on releases alone because all it could do at this point is add a new mecha series to the schedule every couple of years and help improve the downfall of the genre in general.

People will watch Gundam even if it's horrible if only for the mecha...

Side note for this topic: Again, I really hope it's not the case; I'd love a new Macross but I don't like the idea of a new series every couple of years only for it to be like Logos. I'd really like for a 3-4 year span for releases. Just... no more waiting 8 years for a release and I'll be fine with it.