View Single Post
Old 2017-01-29, 23:18   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Speaking of Windermerians. My problem with them really has to do with the more practical aspect overall. Its really irksome when their lack of material wealth is overly-compensated with their natural abilities and the kind of luck that would render even a lottery winner blush.
- Tak
Yeah, that too. God, Windermere is a lousily-written villain, aren't they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
You got... Seven...

- Tak
But 7 was Kawamori's pride an joy amongst other series .

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post

I... was not talking about its relations in plots or materials but more about each franchises' release dates...

Gundam is more known for shoving a series onto TV every 1-2 years while Macross has hiatuses occasionally for years at a time. The close release date for this new series is where I'm speculating it's a challenge to rival Gundam in terms of release dates and trying to gain its popularity as a mecha franchise back.

So again... don't need a ramble about similarities of plot. Focusing solely on release dates and how either might contend on this.
The villain stuff was a response to Tak in particular. But I also want to point out that Delta is also trying to be like Gundam at some level with the villain. But failed the execution

And about animated releases, at this point, it's questionable to expect Macross to challenge Gundam's releases if the M franchise is already struggling with one animated outing (Delta) in the span of years. Meanwhile, Gundam right now is like the Marvel-machine with clear planning and good brains and muscles to make their animated features (4 different good outings in a roughly the same period is no simple task). Rather than rushing things to match Gundam release frequency, I want Kawamori and co to prioritize to think about making the next Macross anime an actually good or even great entry. I mean, Macross can't just rely on the success of the songs, singles and albums. We need more quality, or go make some pure-fun series like GBF or Macross: The Ride.