View Single Post
Old 2017-01-29, 13:29   Link #22
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post
Hmmm that doesn't really answer my question though. I feel like when people bring up the whole two cour expansion situation, it's often with the belief that the initial 13 episodes was perfect by themselves, and everything that came after it muddied it.

Regardless of whether You liked what came out as Macross Delta, my question ends up being...do you (or anyone else who keeps bringing this point up) honestly think the show would have been better with 13 episodes and a movie? Because given the kind of cast and scope they were introducing, it looked more like 26 episodes wasn't enough and by episode 13 the series hadn't really touched on anything to really bring about a satisfactory end.

I also think saying "last minute" is kind of misleading. They managed to deliver double the amount of episodes since they knew of the change, so they clearly had some time to adapt. If they had a movie in mind, there was clearly content they were working up to so it's not like they were looking to pull it out of their asses the night before release...unless the movie was going to be a retelling in which....why do it for a 13 episode show...?
Let me explaiin my point. The thing is not that the second half of the sweries would have been better as movie. The point is that it still looked like the movie amount of material with added eps that do nothing for the plot. It really looked like they made a script for 2 hours or so movie and decided to stretsh it to 13 eps, but insted of filling the gaps or giving it better ending scriptwriters just filled the additional time in hurry.

I still found it fine but thisc looks quite fitting considering second halfs general slower pace but fast-paced solution.