View Single Post
Old 2017-01-24, 22:55   Link #78
OZ7UP
Music for life.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Thoughts on Thrilling One Way: Is this the hardest Rock song that the franchise has committed itself to yet in either generation of Love Live, Strawberry Trapper possibly excepting?

In Episode 12, Aqours committed themselves to differentiate themselves from Muse. With Thrilling One Way, I think we've got a clear answer just how Aqours means to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if Thrilling One Way will be one of the insert songs of the second season, one of the fruits of Aqours determination to walk their own path.

And that Chika scream at the beginning! I'd like to see Aqours try a full blown Metal piece with Chika screaming serving as the opening.
Personally, I think "After-School Navigators" is heavier than "Thrilling One Way" - while at first glance they both have that Judas Priest vibe to them, ASN seems to be more consistent with the vibe throughout the song. It's like, TOW hints at being influenced by Judas Priest, whereas ASN combines 80s Judas Priest (the instrumental "Hellion" to be precise) with 80s thrash and modern metal.

Then again, that's only a preview of TOW, so I wouldn't be surprised if they're saving the really heavy stuff for the full version.

That said, TOW is definitely heavier than "Strawberry Trapper", which has more of a bluesy Guns-N-Roses vibe.

--EDIT--

Oh, wait, Nozomi's "Loveless World" also carries out that 80s classic metal vibe quite well too.
OZ7UP is offline   Reply With Quote