View Single Post
Old 2016-12-19, 01:42   Link #2569
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast 666 View Post
Hello, I have a question that geass is more strategic the geass of Mao or the geass of Rolo?
Both boast their own set of strategic and tactical advantages. Since you asked about the strategic aspect of it, I'll focus on that and disregard the tactical aspect entirely.

Strategically, Mao's boasts the most advantages in terms of information gathering, manipulation and planning. His also doesn't have any weaknesses that cripple its usage or where it becomes a concern for his health since C.C. has noted that he can use it indefinitely without any drawbacks. (discounting the fact that he can't deactivate it because of the runaway Geass condition.)

Information gathering: To keep it short and sweet, as long as Mao is within 500 m of his target, he can read their minds without them knowing. He can either read the surface thoughts of many people simultaneously or he can specifically focus on a key individual and even read their thoughts at the subconscious level. (In the case of people who're constantly in thought, the latter proves much more effective because he can pinpoint the main or key thought hidden among all the other random or less important ones.) This gives him an undeniable advantage in terms of strategics because he can always prepare a perfect counter for anything you can think of.

Manipulation: Well, it goes without saying, if he can red thoughts, even at the subconscious level, then he can easily find out about any secrets you want to keep private. Thus, he can easily manipulate and blackmail his targets to get them to do his bidding. Not much else to say about that. Pretty straightforward.

Planning: This aspect goes hand-in-hand with the info gathering aspect as noted above. As previously noted, using the information he literally ripped straight from the target's mind, then he can easily setup countermeasures and even backups for any of the sub-plans the target may have had apart from the initial one.

----------
It goes without saying, Mao as a character wasn't portrayed as a strategist in the anime, but due solely to principles of his geass' power, he could easily outwit Lelouch (even though Lelouch returned the favour shortly after) and even best him at chess twice. If the greatest strategic mind in the entire series has problems with a guy who isn't even a strategist by nature, then it just goes to show how hax that geass could be if someone with a truly strategic mind possessed it.

Don't really feel the need to list Rolo's abilities as well since you asked which is better. So I simply listed the advantages of the better option only.

Hope I helped.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote