View Single Post
Old 2016-12-13, 17:06   Link #33
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
BTW. I am disappointed that once again they went the safe root with male protag. Will we ever see a Fate with female protag (Prototype does not count as it only had a short OVA and LNs are untranslated as far as I know)?
I for one am relieved. But there are two main reasons why they choose Gudao instead of Gudako:

1. Male protagonist is always better when you have large rooster of females acting around him. Chemistry works better when it's Gudao and Mashu then Gudako and Mashu as you can see in trailer when he grabs her hand. Type-Moon was never hard into Yuri and it shows.

2. More importantly, Type-Moon care about two things when it comes to Fate - story and opinion of their fanbase ( japanese one to be exact ). Gudao is chosen because he has much more serious aura, while Gudako turned our more as a joke and comical reference of the series ( in great thanks to the fanbase ).

But I think we will see female protagonist in future media. Like people said about Apocrypha - it's only a matter of time before they animate it. And who knows what next Fate project will Type-Moon or even fanbae ( Empire of Dirt is a great example how TM can let their fans create new content ) make in the future.

On a more personal note, I am glad they have gone for Gudao as it made FGO anime possible for me to watch it. I cannot stand Gudako and if they choose her I would just skip it, so as far as I am concerned they made good decision.
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote