View Single Post
Old 2016-10-23, 22:50   Link #45
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

First half was like all kinds of awesome, while second half could have been executed better. Doesn't help that the second half music is mostly dud songs when the first half music pretty came busting out of the gate. XD

My biggest disappointment comes from having next to no meaningful battroid battles. It's like pretty much all major battles came down to dogfighting. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them, but it seems that battroid mode is merely just decoration at this point. Even gerwalk gets its time to shine via maneuvering in all those dogfights, but battroid scenes were few and far between and they were mostly useless from memory.

Yeah, I was in the 'losing' ship, but I personally don't care since Freyja is on living on borrowed time. Mirage will win in the end . Seriously speaking, at the very least they have the balls to actually finish the love triangle, and they finished it in such a way that even me as a Mirage shipper agrees its the only feasible ending the way they crafted the story. So that's a major plus for me.

Overall, it's still the series that I enjoyed the most this year (though March Comes in Like a Lion is giving it a hella run for its money), as the first half was still thoroughly enjoyable. I'm crossing my fingers for a movie or two; I sincerely believe that they could make THE definitive edition of Delta if they cleaned up their act for the movies. Thing is, would movies even be financially feasible for Delta if the series is only selling 10k per volume?

Now where does this rank in my list?

1) SDF Macross/DYRL - #1 just for being revolutionary for its time; SDF for its content, DRYL for the awesome visuals that look great even today. (DYRL Minmei/Misa still are IMO the prettiest Macross heroines for example)

2) Delta First half - Shinigami + Ikenai Borderline + Rune ga Pika is awesome combination

3) Zero - Seeing more of Roy was especially awesome

4) Plus - err... childhood friends win? XD

5) Frontier Movies - see above? XD

6) Delta both parts - yeah... this is where Delta as a whole falls.

Second to the last) Seven - I think me watching this when I started getting REAL weary of 50 eps shows is what hurt its ranking.

Dead last) Frontier TV series - Oh yeah, still hella salty about that ending

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote