View Single Post
Old 2016-10-06, 19:34   Link #81
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
As I said, if she could be only a supporting character, remove love triangle dynamics, maybe you'd feel differently about this subject; after all, side characters require less screen time for development because they're not overall important for the plot. However, because she's an MC and is one of the main trio, your disappointment is higher.
You're right, and I totally forgot about the many times she saved Freyja, and let's face it, not everyone can have the spotlight. I still think she got shafted, and I think the series as a whole could have been a lot better if Mirage was the narrator. Many works of fiction are told from the POV of a seemingly insignificant character, and as result, can become more heart-clenching.
My reasoning behind her not having much growth is because of Herman's comment on her flying in one of the later episodes (when they were tried by the Windermere court). He basically told her that she still wasn't flying well, and that was a "wtf" moment for me.
As for growth as a character and not a pilot, really, all it seems to me is she's not angry all the time as she was portrayed in the first episode. And they could have done a much better job allowing her to recover from feelings of inferiority. It bothered me how easily she accepted her place under Hayate. Similar to how it bothered me how Kaname accepted her place under Mikumo.