View Single Post
Old 2016-10-06, 18:45   Link #79
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Quote:
Originally Posted by HirouKeimou View Post
You're removing all of her friendship for them from her character in favor of a ship sailing.
I have no idea what you mean by this.

Quote:
Seriously, your argument could equally go towards Ranka, who outside of the love triangle and plot device had no real character developments which fans could grasp, or what developments she did have people disliked a lot (people be salty for it even now).
I've stated before that Mirage is a lot like Ranka, glad to see you agree. Except Ranka got her time in the spotlight, and Mirage did not.

Quote:
This also applies to Mirage; who grows because of her friendship with Hayate and Freyja; she develops by watching both aspire to do their best for their dreams and not their love for each other specifically (this only comes into effect once she falls for Hayate).
Did she actually grow? I couldn't tell.

Quote:
The fact Mirage is not a typical Jenius ace pilot helps mold her for a different role than her ancestors. The fact everyone wants her to have a role like her ancestors goes against her character.
We got one mention of this in the anime, in the beginning, and that was it. GG.

Quote:
Again, is not necessarily a bad thing if Mirage develops from it. That's kind of the main argument of her character, really; fans all wish for her to develop. Everyone yelling "outside of the love triangle, she has nothing" is not true.
It kind of is though. Again, what development? There's obviously more to her character but the writers were stingy and didn't give her the time of day to showcase it.