View Single Post
Old 2016-10-06, 09:14   Link #71
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I feel Mirage could have headlined a Macross series with just her legendary heritage alone. Just imagine Mirage as the Main Character of the series with 2 male suitors; One is a Singer while the other is a fellow pilot. It would be like Macross Plus, but she's the lead pilot. Her Tsundere goodness would be in full display here.
We had this already: It's called Macross 7. (Basara/Mylene/Gamlin) It's 49 episodes, go check it out.

I really don't believe Kawamori envisioned Mirage headlining a Macross. I mean, he could give her an ace title (originally desired to); however, it's Freyja who technically, technically headlines Macross Delta.

Plus, if we're going to talk about which character should headline a Macross, I remember how Alto is the "lead" in Frontier and both girls outshine him in every form for the entire series, especially in every other media format aside from the light novel and video games (where it's kind of necessary for him to shine). Only difference is, Alto is given a solid character arc in the series and even as his two girlfriends (I'm being generous for the dude) outshine him, there's still a Point A to Point B for his character enough for you to feel a little satisfied with him.

Personally, I believe Delta had one too many characters for a 26 episode series. Obviously Kawamori really liked Durarara!! and wanted to give it a shot of a cast of 50+ characters for a 25 episode series LOL
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote