View Single Post
Old 2016-10-05, 20:21   Link #66
HirouKeimou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I really feel sorry for Mirage.
Outside of her losing in the triangle, I don't really believe her character is bad off; I mean, she herself admits how her role in Delta changed who she is in general (admission of Hayate helping her discover her love for flying, love for Freyja who is dying and wishing her friends' happiness, flying freely without thinking like she used to do). And, re-watching older episodes, who she is in the beginning of Delta is someone who didn't hold confidence in herself; now she's confident in herself enough to admit she's in love with someone who doesn't love her all for helping her friends find happiness together; and she knows who she really desires to be now, not living in her grandparents' shadows or an ace pilot, she's going to love flying because it's fun. And if there's nothing else in her character to like, it's that inner growth where she's learned how to be herself.

From a viewer's perspective, it's not as obvious, even re-watching Delta (in comparison to Frontier character arcs) but it's in there.

All I wish it'd be is a little more fulfilling (or satisfying) like with Sheryl or Ranka (depends on who you ask for Ranka) because their arcs were overall obvious on their roles and endgame. Mirage is... kind of between because her arc is described (by herself), her role plays out, but it's not how you'd imagine it'd go (expectation vs. deliverance here). Dropping her from the love triangle overall could help in this aspect. For instance, she could still admire Hayate and his flying style and eventually warm up to him as a friend; her love for him is not entirely necessary for her character, or so I feel (and this is from re-watching Delta twice now). I don't know; not all characters blossom when forced into love triangles like the Frontier trio did...
HirouKeimou is offline   Reply With Quote