View Single Post
Old 2016-09-30, 18:58   Link #101
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashingan View Post
1. The most interesting part was in epilogue, it's the conversation between William McRoad and someone from USNA (Chief Intelligence Officer) about Jasmine William which they're purposely made Jasmine be captured as Jasmine unconsciously became one node of network intelligence.

2. About GateKeeper, I didn't read it carefully, it's like short circuiting the magic wiring for Magic Calculation Area, the point to access it is by accessing the unconscious, but since the "gate" between and conscious and unconscious is closed, the opponents have no way to access MCA, in other words, they wouldn't be able to invoke any magic.
The question is, is Tatsuya's skill that really advance that he is able to disrupt mind and soul? Unless he has (learned) some Taoist skill, that skill is exclusive in traditional magic (not to mention it maybe a deep art too).
Let me add few details;
1. William McLeod talks with Dr. Edward Clark from USNA's National Science Agency (NSA): he is a scientist / scholar specialized in a large scale informatino system. William McLeod and Dr. Clark conspired and planned to send in Jasmin Williams in order to steal secrets from Yotsuba. Jasmin Williams is called as 'Ear'; a magician speciallized intelligence gathering. Williams family has a telepathy power, but it is too weak to use consicously. It is so weak and useless that even enemies cannot consider them as "Ear", but with the "System" that Dr. Clark provides, McLeod and Dr.Clark can gather data from Jasmin Williams. However, Todou Aoba already knew this scheme and ordered Maya to eliminate Jasmin. Maya told Todou that she will request General Saeki to eliminate Jasmin because Jasmin is under 101 battalion's custody. But, the fate of Jasmin is still unknown, yet.

2. mashingan's explaination on "Gate Keeper" is correct. There is a special side story, "Dream Catcher" that came with Mahouka BD/DVD sets. At the end of the story, Tatsuya learns about gate and other additional information. His "Gate Keeper" probably derived from this side story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
AH! did tats create the magic or is it a yotsuba magic?
Tatsuya created the magic, but Miyuki lied and called it, "Yotsuba's secrect technique" in order to avoid focus on Tatsuya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Can someone please tell me what happened when Shizuku invited miyuki and tats to the island at okinawa sponsored by her family?? Knowing they are Yotsuba, did it cause some kind of fear during the party?? Did they meet Shizuku's mother?
1. Tatsuya and Miyuki visited Okinawa for the ceremony event for victims of Okinawa invasion. Maya told them to use Honami's death as excuse. But, Shizuku's invitation help them to access island and the party with better excuse.
2. No, there was no fear; they got lost by Miyuki's beaty.
3. Shizuku's mother met Tatsuya and Miyuki; she was pissed for being played in the past, but she hid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aika Natsume View Post
Btw why is Chen becoming their ally? Did he become one because they are now Yotsuba?
Chen was sent by GAA to eliminate or catch GAA soliders that do not support the peace treaty between Japan and GAA. 101 battalion and Chen's special force are working together for this time only.

I also posted this in FB page, and I will share it here.

Toudou Aoba is one of people who influences Japan's business and political world and is being called as "Yokai"(demon / monster).
Yotsuba was not only created from 4th institute. Prior to 4th institute, there was an organization that started "breeding" magicians. Yotsuba started from there.
And, there is someone close to Doutou, and his/her clan provides "blood" to Yotsuba clan.
Later, 4th institute was owned by Toudou, but it was taken away by the military. Later, Yotsuba family took control from the military.
Even though Toudou is sponsor, it is not one-way relationship because Yotsuba is financially independent, but Toudou has power and influence that Yotsuba needs, and Yostuba also has power as a magician that Toudou needs. Toudou rarely calls Maya for the actual meeting unless it is very important. This meeting's agenda was on Jasmin Williams.

The book does not provide enough information on this "someone" close to Toudou Aoba. So, this person can be his employee, servant, or even his wife.
We will have to wait for this in the future volume.

I am just dying to see how Toudou and Tatsuya's relationship would develop. The author purposely uses a strong / unique word as a forshadowing.
Tatsuya has been called as "Monster", and Toudou Aoba is being called as "Yokai", so I am wondering whether the author is plotting a special hidden relationship between them or a possible conflict between them.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2016-09-30 at 19:30.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote