View Single Post
Old 2016-09-30, 09:21   Link #28
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

All this Isamu love giong around. :( To be honest, I have a hard time liking Macross' main protagonists. Isamu's not bad or anything, and he actually seems like the type of person you'd be able to meet in real life, so that's a big... plus for him. But he still has the problem that every other Macross protagonist has in that he spends a great amount of time being an abrasive jerk instead of, I don't know, talking to people to try to patch things up/make things clear like a normal human being. Shin is my favorite for the simple fact that he doesn't fit that pattern. I also tend to forgive Alto for fitting the pattern because I think his whole character arc was pretty well done... in the movies, anyway.

Hayate always seemed too volatile for me to like. One moment he'd be joking around with Freyja or Mirage, the next minute he'd act like the entire world is out to piss him off. And unlike Alto, I didn't see anything about his development or place in the story to forgive that. And speaking of Hayate... I'd really have liked to see Mikumo having more casual conversations with the cast. The one she had alone with Hayate was really nice, I thought. Most of what we got with her was her being ~mysterious~ and ~introspective~ and her vague moments of acting as a mentor to Freyja.

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote