View Single Post
Old 2016-09-27, 19:33   Link #11
SleepingTerror
green hair, don't care

Animation - 8: My favorite moments, like Freyja's birthday (ep16), the var-induced battle (ep18), and reading Wright's letters (ep25) were only possible with the choices made by the animators. Anything different and they wouldn't have been as striking. I'd say Macross Delta's worth the watch solely for these kinds of scenes, but sadly, there weren't too many of them.

Soundtrack - 7.5: With a couple exceptions, nothing too memorable, good or bad. I do like Kaze wa Yokoku Naku Fuku, Love! Thunder Grow, and Rune ga Pikatto Hikattara. I also love the new version of Ai Oboete Imasu ka, very haunting.

Potential - 9: Could have been pretty amazing. Let's pray for a good movie.

Reality - 4: Execution was awful. Forget plot, Mirage.
And Freyja didn't even sing Seikan Hikou for realsies

Enjoyment - 8: In my opinion, characters are far more valuable than the plot. Frankly, Freyja was the best part of this show and she dominated. If genki go lucky girls aren't your thing, it's understandable why you'd dislike Delta. Though Freyja is much, much more than that by the end..

Overall - 8: Perhaps a bit high, perhaps a certain ship sailing has to do with it.. Either way, the series ended more or less how I was hoping. Could have been a little less predictable, but I did enjoy the ride.

Potential is there for little reason; I hate judging by potential ahem Angel Beats.