View Single Post
Old 2016-09-26, 00:46   Link #98
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Your use of "so-called" and "supposed" here is truly disgusting. It really is.

Loads of characters were clearly suffering badly from Windermere's horrible actions. The anime made this crystal clear multiple times. Nameless or not, we were shown these characters being put through a truly terrible situation by brutally villainous and warmongering Windermere.
Like who? Give me their names and what their actions in the show. If you don't know their names, then they aren't real characters. They are just background fodder who don't even matter in the outcome. Do you think faceless Frontier citizen who lost something to the Vajra had any say of Alto's or Ranka's or Sheryl's decision about "Vajra are our friends." Nope. Because it's a story, and they don't matter to the narrative. What matters are the actions and goals of the protagonist. You cannot simply undo their goals and how hard they worked for it because "random fodder faceless may want to punish Windermere". It's bad writing. This only could have happened if it wasn't directly against Freyja's goal, but it was.

Besides, if they did, it'll be the repeat of what drove Windermere to do this in the first place. Call me crazy but all that the last episode hinted (I mean episode 25) was to finally end the cycle of hatred. That could have only happened if Heinz took this decision. To actually expect some sort of 'punishment' as you and others wanted would destroy the message and core theme of the show. Check last episode thread, a number of us pointed it out. Beqa's posts are specially good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As for Freyja, she wanted peace, and an end to the warfare. That is not incompatible with Windermere's leadership (including Heinz) being held accountable for their horrible misdeeds. At the absolute least, we should have been shown a deeply regretful and apologetic Heinz.
Wrong. Freyja flat out stated in episode 12 that her goal was for her singing to reach the Wind Singer so he'll stop (aka Heinz) and Windermere. She always worried about her planet and people. She usually keeps it inside. She failed to reach for Heinz in episode 24, she succeeded now. This was her ultimate victory. She wanted to be the one who changed them. So sorry, random background fodder has no right to steal her thunder.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"

Last edited by Thess; 2016-09-26 at 00:59.
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote