View Single Post
Old 2016-09-25, 20:37   Link #10
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Animation Quality: 7
I've seen worse, I've seen better. I've definitely seen better from out of White Fox specifically. But overall, the visuals definitely leaned towards the good end of the spectrum. Props to them for making a handful of important scenes exceptionally beautiful and/or appropriately horrific.

Voice Actors: 10
Zero complaints. Everyone was fantastic is this department.

Script: 7
Other novel authors have done a much better job of weaving lots of seemingly unconnected plot treads together, in my opinion. However, Re:Zero did it much better than most. And the character development/drama, in most cases, was excellent.

Soundtrack: 8
Not amazing enough to make me want to own it, but still very fitting and nicely composed. A handful of songs are what I'd consider some of the best tracks of the year.

Editing: ???
I don't really have any strong feelings on this.

Enjoyment: 7
I was entertained enough to stick with it, impressed enough to keep paying attention.

Emotional Involvement: 5
A lot of my personal attachment to a series banks on how I feel about the protagonist. And despite everything I saw... I still hate Subaru at the end of the day. I don't care about how much he's grown. I don't care about how his motivations morphed over time. I don't care about his occasional moments of brilliance. I just can't stand the character. I solely watched this show for just about any and every other character besides him, and that tainted how emotionally invested I felt in the series as a whole.

Final Verdict: A strong 7