View Single Post
Old 2016-09-25, 19:51   Link #9
Arkard

Re:Zero was probably the first series in years that I enjoyed enough for it reach "must drop everything and watch" status on its air date. Initially scanning the season previews this was initially thought by me to be "mildly interesting, I'll give it a try and see if it'll do as a guilty fantasy fix pleasure." Wow was I wrong and lucky at the same time. This series was amazing and it hooked you in from the start.

The characters and plot left you consistently wanting more with excellent development, suspense, and intrigue. White Fox itself deserves extra praise because they truly went the extra mile in this production. Everything from the double length first episode to the constant opening cuts to squeeze in more content showed how well they did with this series. It's not just the extras either. The direction of episodes like Ep. 15 was amazing.

This was a 10/10 series for me. The only controversial point was how the last episode ended. After the ruckus caused by that thread I finally had to spoil myself to understand what the heck everyone was having a fit about, but in the end, I think it was done exactly the way it should have been given that particular limitation without knowing for sure about the potential for a Season 2. Here's to hoping there will be one in the future!
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote