View Single Post
Old 2016-09-25, 15:09   Link #50
Thess

I think the main problem with Macross Delta is that it should have been called Macross Windermere. Don't get me wrong, I love sweet vindication and validation in general about the message and the overall outcome however it does confirm that Delta Squad in general were... pointless. That I find a little problematic because huh, they are the protagonists, right? Right?

Freyja solved the singing plot, saving Mikumo. Keith killed the antagonist (who was Roid). Heinz ended the war on his own will (not because anything Ernest or Arad did). Even random saving singers action scene went to Bogue (wow Mirage and Chuck really suck to protect the idols they were assigned to, huh?). In short, if you weren't a Windermerian, you were just an extra in the story. Hayate, the main character, seemed more Freyja's love interest. Just my impression here. I'm not saying I hate this, but I can see why some people could have been upset?

(On the other hand, you can argue it was foreshadowed when the first things introduced in the show were the Aerial Knights and Walkure. The Delta squad pilots were unseen ).

Ohhh, by the way, Kaname's most important memory was about Messer. That made me happy. Death and Arad didn't stop my OTP.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote