View Single Post
Old 2016-09-25, 10:13   Link #68
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
@Jimmy C - My take is very much the opposite.

One issue I have with Sunshine, that I've largely kept private, is that Sunshine's lives tend to just happen. Bang! Like that. Like it's functionally identical to some friend linking you to a YouTube vid of a nice animated live performance.

In other words, I felt that most of the Sunshine lives could have been transitioned into better. Contextualized more. The Aqours lives in Episodes 6, 9, and 11 pretty much just happen. There's minimal-to-no interaction between Aqours and the audience. You even sometimes have this jarring transition from one scene that has nothing to do with Aqours talking about/preparing for a live performance into the very next scene which is the live performance.

Of course, one huge exception to this is the Aqours live in Episode 13. But that goes too far the other way, if anything.

With the OG, the lives in Love Live Season 1 Episodes 3, 8, 11, and 13 were all transitioned into beautifully. They all had excellent lead-in. They all had strong context giving them much greater emotional weight to me. The dynamic between performers and audience was wonderfully portrayed in each of those lives. With Sunshine, only the live in Episode 3 pulled this off with similar finesse and emotional strength (like I wrote before, Episode 13 kinda overdid it).