View Single Post
Old 2016-09-16, 19:52   Link #932
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
Hard to answer. ... I guess I liked the magic system. the combination of magic and science is something you don't really find in other novels. In this world all spells follow a certain logic. that and of course the mysteries behind Tatsuya. Both the characters and the master clans seemed to promise a certain darkness. Anyway that's the answer I would have given you 2 years ago. now ... with every new volume I find it harder to answer your question. romance: other authors did a better job. politics: I often can't follow the actions of the characters and I would describe many of their big moves as petty. I don't expect a complexity like you can find it in martins books but sometimes ... Well anyway it's good enough until the next overlord volume appears.
That is exactly how I fell about mahouka.
I don t konw what happened, but the story promised a lot in the first volumes with a ruthless, op and logical mc and a story that seemed more mature than most Lns with lots of schemes, plots, manipulations and action with the ocasional death. Besides the original magical sistem based on science.

However, in the last volumes mahouka became a vulgar Ln with the harem antics, tats stoped being ruthless, the plots in each volume are stupid at best and most of the darker elements foreshadowed in the earlier volumes were a huge dispointment. Basically mahouka lost its mature vibe ...
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote