View Single Post
Old 2016-09-05, 06:10   Link #58
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Racism is definitely a factor here. Remember they did not listen to here warnings the other day, because she was an half elf. Security didn't even cross their minds then and just because it has now become problem doesn't change what they're fuelled by. The villagers have a point in the technical but that is not the reality of the situation. She as much of a victim as they are.
I don't necessarily disagree with your assertion that there's a potential for racism here, and I'm not denying that there is or could be one, but the villagers also have no reason to trust a dangerous element like a half-elf because of her verifiable association with dangerous things. If the villagers outright scorned her because they felt that they're superior to half elves then there would be cause to call them racists or accuse them of discriminating against her, but thus far it seems their hatred and distrust of her is based on, well, their repeated deaths.

Quote:
Whether Julius was going to war with them or not wouldn't be his call to make, but Anna's so his opinion wouldn't matter much. That and Ram doesn't know him will enough to think otherwise. As far she knows Crusch and Anna are in on it and have fromed an aillance which isn't wrong... technically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Not when he's candidates knight now. In fact he stated last episode he techincal isn't even there as a Imperial Knight. Plus that would apply to Ferris too.
As I stated though, why the refusal to associate with the mercenary group then? If it's purely because of honor, then it seems reasonable to assume that it would be just as dishonorable to engage in a civil war to kill off opposing candidates and ruin the due process that they're participating in. Even if he's not currently a standing member of the knights, it's probably safe to assume he'll go back to being one after all this business is over.

Though you are right in that Ram may not be aware of him or his character. The assertion that Anna's decision would be final on this manner I do take issue with. If she would ask of him things that would contradict his duties and his responsibilities as a knight, he wouldn't be serving her in any capacity to begin with.