Thread: Anime Sword Art Online
View Single Post
Old 2016-08-20, 17:14   Link #6
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Spoiler for reply to Elandrial:

I only saw the anime upto and including Fairy Dance. But I liked it. I've read the entire LN series aside from Progressive through fan translations, as well, though I'm now reading Progressive via the translations in Mamue's archive. It's my second time reading "Aria in the Starless Night," though, same for "Rondo of the Transient Sword", since I'd also read them on Baka-Tsuki before they were taken off.

I actually really like this series. Though, like @relentlessflame said, whether a fan likes the series or not depends on "hooked" them to it in the first place, I guess. But I'm not sure what it is for me. I just like Kirito and Asuna and I'm hoping to see them together and the end, though I don't mind of Alice is also with them (only in Underworld, though, and also maybe a bit the in the real world). The fights in SAO, ALO, GGO and Underworld are also good.
Spoiler for Alicization - don't open unless you've already read the novel this far:

Also, while there's a lot of time skips in the first two LN Volumes and, by extension, the anime adaptation of those, some of it is filled in with the side-stories in the LNs (though some of them are also in the anime - just, not all of them; though, for some, there were changes made).