View Single Post
Old 2016-08-14, 21:54   Link #35
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravis4 View Post
I still don't think you realize just how impossible of a task what your suggesting is. According to google, in the real world, over 6,000 people die every hour. If Bleach's world is anything like ours, then that means potentially 6,000 hollows every hour and thus potentially multiple gillians every hour. That is a possibility that the Shinigami would have to deal with for every hour of every day until the unforeseeable end of humanity. At that point, forget Soul Society, there would be no point in the Shinigami leaving Hueco Mundo.

As for storing the souls, even if that is possible, which I'd question, the problem with that is that the number of souls going in would be greater than the number of souls going out. The storage device would have an ever increasing number, resulting in the same imbalance problem.
Yeah. Setting aside all the other parts of this debate going on (from ethics and zanpakuto's) and focusing strictly on the direct issue of why it's not possible given the current rules established in the Bleach universe, this sums up everything I would've said far more concisely and succinctly then I ever could. (So thank you Saravis4.) Either way, while we could come up with some theoretical (and rather simple) solutions to solve the problem, anything truly worthwhile would probably involve introducing, changing, or bending established Bleach universe rules that none of us have the creative authority to claim as an absolute possibility.

For example, I could say, why can't the bright minds of this series create a spirit particle converter that converts the endless sands of HM into edible nourishment for hollows so they can be content and not have to eat each other to survive? That would solve the issue of more menos being created. And those normal hollows caught eating other hollows could then be sent to hell since the act of eating hollows at that point would be turned into a completely avoidable and voluntary choice. And then why not have the bright minds of soul society follow this up by creating a weapon that when used on a pre-existing menos class hollow, splits all those souls back into the normal hollows through which they came? But I don't have the creative authority to assume that's possible. lol

I agree with the TC in that this is a problem and it's indeed one of the aspects of Bleach's universe that sucks to no end. And it'd be nice to somehow reform the universe to bring guaranteed salvation to fallen souls trapped in HM in due time. But it's not the sort of elephant in the room-like easily solvable situation that any of us can simply say "wow! Why didn't we just do it this way all along! *duh*"

Maybe Aizen had a good plan to fix this. And maybe that's why he wanted to dethrone the soul king. Who knows? But as far as I see it, unless a convincing idea is proposed that stays within the known rules and boundaries set by Kubo, I see no point in debating this topic further. Reasons for why a storage system for excess souls wouldn't work has already been stated. First we'd have to take creative authority to assume it's possible to make. And then it'd be little more than a very brief bandaid that would not do anything to permanently fix the imbalance dilemma. Is there anything else we can come up with that sounds doable and plot-hole proof?

Last edited by sayde; 2016-08-14 at 22:06.