View Single Post
Old 2016-08-14, 21:40   Link #33
DMurphy

Gosh, I need to sleep, but bit by bit:

1) No evidence at all that Adjuchas go insane if they can't eat other Hollows, you literally just made that up. We know for a fact the main motivation for Adjuchas eating others is so that they can become more powerful and survive people trying to eat them - it's a vicious cycle of 'I need to survive people trying to eat me so I have to eat others so they have to try to eat people to survive' that can be broken by a sufficiently powerful government choosing to protect them.

2) We know that that instinct isn't overpowering. Starrk and Harribel never show any interest in eating others, and it's implied that Nel doesn't either.

3) If there were new bodies for them to inhabit, I very much doubt people like Harribel and Starrk would care about the reduction in powers - which is assuming there even would be one.

4) By giving Menos an escape from being Menos, such as by formulating a way to preserve their personalities in new bodies, you would break the 'eat or be eaten' cycle anyway, so a reduction in powers wouldn't matter.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra