View Single Post
Old 2016-08-14, 20:10   Link #27
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Yea it was a bad analogy, but I feel we're going off tangent. It seems to me, for a lack of better solution you're more willing to maintain the status quo and wash your hands of the responsibility. Rather than view the issue from the outside as an observer without anything to risk, try to see it through the eyes of a Shinigami. Yes in a perfect ideal situation we can deal with hypotheticals of saving hollows after waiting for a future scientist to join the ranks of the Gotei 13, as they have now, to come up with a solution. I just feel a bit annoyed at how the situation just seems to get worse and worse for so many years while hoping a solution will come along when something could be done about it immediately.
No, no, no, no, no, you were the one who brought up that analogy, and it's hilarious, you can't just brush it under the carpet now that you realise how stupid it was. I still want to know about this non-terminal, painless cancer which can only be cured with murder, it sounds fascinating.

(Between this, and the weird sulking earlier, I'm starting to think you're a tad too emotionally attached to the fate of fictional cartoon ghosts, but let's run with that, okay.)

Here is the thing: Nobody in-universe would actually be risking anything by working on a peaceful solution. At all. No risk.

As we've already established, there isn't any risk to the souls involved, because they are unageing and eternal, not suffering, and won't remember any of this. None of the souls involved are at risk here.

There also presumably isn't any serious risk to the balance of souls, since it was functioning just fine pre Winter War, where we can fairly assume that nearly zero Gillians, Adjuchas, and Vasto Lordes were being killed, since Rukia had only ever heard of one appearing from her textbooks, despite being close to two captains and a lieutenant.

Also, nobody would need to wait for a future scientist to join their ranks. Urahara, Mayuri, and Hikifune are all already there. We're not waiting for them to appear, they're there, and not on terrible terms with each other. You're probably also overestimating how long it would take, given that the technology to create a functional soul already exists, and Urahara has already been researching Hollows for over a century.

Also, if we're talking about how souls shouldn't be trapped together to form emergent personalities and should be freed immediately, then you also need to destroy all zanpakuto, since it's canon now that they're created almost exactly the same way as Menos are, just with less eating involved.

Actually, I would think that should be a higher priority than killing off arrancar, since zanpakuto take their personalities from their wielders anyway - they're not true, emergent people. #BreakAllZanpakuto2016.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra