View Single Post
Old 2016-08-14, 15:33   Link #18
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
Why leave them there even if they aren't suffering? It's like telling the soul of your mother, "hey sorry about this but since you're not even aware of your situation, you can just stay stuck in that hollow cuz I wanna deny you the chance of immediate release since the hollow that ate/ or contains you needs to be saved first"
Tbh, my mother has a functioning moral compass, so she would be fine with "Hey, I'd rather not murder a sapient being to free you from something that you're not even aware of, bear with us for a while while we think of a way to save everybody, including the person who through no fault of their own happens to house you."

Except, of course, I wouldn't need to tell her that. Nobody would. That's the point of someone being unaware. It makes no difference to them how long they spend in there - doubly so since all these souls are dead people, who will lose all their memories and start a new life upon being reincarnated. How long they spend there makes zero difference to them.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra