View Single Post
Old 2016-08-14, 15:04   Link #16
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
The point of my argument is basically freeing souls not the fact that they get to live cushy lives in SS but rather so they can go to SS to die there in order to reincarnate. Which being stuck inside a hollow prevents. The dominate soul of the Hollow gets to be free in a sense, but all the weaker willed souls gets the short end of the stick for as long as that hollow lives. At this point anything that dies in HM stays in HM unless directly killed by a shinigami. Their numbers constantly grow without end since most newly turned hollows don't end up in the living world preying on humans but populate HM further. HM is basically a black hole of souls so we're constantly losing totals to hollows if we just 'let 'em be'
If you can come up with a solution to the issue of overpopulation in Soul Society and how to handle the resulting massive influx of souls that would need unborn vessels to be reincarnated into from rapidly rising death rates in Soul Society, then by all means, I'd say you have a legitimate point on the matter. If they could ensure too many people getting killed in Soul Society won't be an issue without being forced to eradicate those souls from existence, then great. Eliminate all the menos. *shrugs*

edit: I liked how you referred to HM as a black hole. (Seriously.) And As f-ed up it sounds, a black hole for souls may be exactly what the Bleach Universe needs. Because the world of the living can only hold a finite amount of living souls. And apparently Soul Society is the same (just a lot larger). So it stands to reason that a realm to serve as a black hole of sorts for ageless entities may be an unfortunate necessity to keep the numbers in check.

Last edited by sayde; 2016-08-14 at 15:23.