View Single Post
Old 2016-08-14, 14:50   Link #13
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Before I made this thread, I already acknowledged that the issue sucks and the whole point of hollows is just a setting the author made to get readers.
Anyways I never claimed hollows were evil, their existence demands they feed on one another or else they feel constant hunger for souls. It was never an argument about good versus evil but rather whether freeing souls is more important than keeping the hollows alive.

As for conditions in SS, in general for the average soul, it sucks. It's essentially purgatory anyway but the point being is that when a soul dies in SS they enter back into the cycle of reincarnation for another shot at life. Hollows are made up of normal people and sinners, sinners go to hell to suffer eternal torment which they deserve, so I would argue that they should be killed so those truly 'evil' receives punishment.

The point of my argument is basically freeing souls not the fact that they get to live cushy lives in SS but rather so they can go to SS to die there in order to reincarnate. Which being stuck inside a hollow prevents. The dominate soul of the Hollow gets to be free in a sense, but all the weaker willed souls gets the short end of the stick for as long as that hollow lives. At this point anything that dies in HM stays in HM unless directly killed by a shinigami. Their numbers constantly grow without end since most newly turned hollows don't end up in the living world preying on humans but populate HM further. HM is basically a black hole of souls so we're constantly losing totals to hollows if we just 'let 'em be'
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post

Also, you haven't hit what I think was my most salient point there: Killing arrancar isn't necessarily the only way of freeing those souls. Soul Society has three incalculably brilliant scientists, two of whom are experts on creating and storing souls, and one of whom is an expert of Hollows.

If you want to make the argument that the only course of action is to kill arrancar, then you have to first exhaust all scientific research into preserving those emergent personalities while also freeing the constituent souls.
You'd think the whoever created the Shinigami system would've made it so that the personalities of Hollows were saved when they are purified? How many thousands of years of existence of SS and they haven't done this? Should we leave all those souls stuck in hollows for however centuries it takes to save each and every Adjuchas and above? That is essentially placing a value on the lives of hollows > puny humans

I guess in the end maintaining the balance of souls is the only argument I can get behind for this. I just don't like placing more value on 'morals' when a lot of lives are at stack when I read Bleach