View Single Post
Old 2016-08-11, 08:54   Link #51
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
Like I said, she's very supportive and that makes her very lovely. Refusing Subaru was definitely the right move, but I'd hardly call that standing up to him as it was just comforting him. I mean, it's not like Subaru wanted to do something Rem didn't want to do; he just wanted it for the wrong reasons, which is why she said no. If anything, that entire scene just reinforces the idea that she has zero doubt in him, which to me seems very servile given Subaru's short track record of being right on important issues.

Why does she need to stand up to him? She has faith in his decision making abilities when no one else does. She understands that there is something about him that allows him to predict/know things that other people can't. Where other people still doubt him despite his good track record, Rem does not. I'd hate to think that being doubtful of, and suspicious of ones intentions is a requirement for true love...because it sounds like the opposite to me. And Rem isn't hesitant to state Subarus flaws, she just loves those things about him too. Rem knows Subaru better than he knows himself.

Last edited by Demi.; 2016-08-11 at 09:05.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote