View Single Post
Old 2016-08-10, 19:25   Link #47
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Instead, she stood up to him, and said "No, you're wrong about yourself, and here's why". Rem showed considerable courage and strength in Episode 18.
Like I said, she's very supportive and that makes her very lovely. Refusing Subaru was definitely the right move, but I'd hardly call that standing up to him as it was just comforting him. I mean, it's not like Subaru wanted to do something Rem didn't want to do; he just wanted it for the wrong reasons, which is why she said no. If anything, that entire scene just reinforces the idea that she has zero doubt in him, which to me seems very servile given Subaru's short track record of being right on important issues.

And perhaps Moridin's right in that she has faith in him for the sake of needing someone to believe in, but that still doesn't change my opinion that her faith is far too strong to let her be interesting.

I'm not saying she can't become interesting or that she inherently can't stand up for herself, just that as it stands now (in relation to the protagonist), she's too faithful to be anything more than a support character.
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote