View Single Post
Old 2016-08-07, 01:05   Link #71
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
After episode 18 there is something that I am looking for from this point forward. Up until now, this has been a remarkable series but to push it over the top for me I need to see some solid indication that Emilia is actually worth all that has happened. She has been the focal point of a lot of trouble not only for Subaru but for most of the other characters, too. It does not have to be spelled out in detail but at least some strong indication that there is more to her than just cute, pretty and earnest. Right now the Emilia ledger is seriously out of balance within the story we're being told.
And how do exactly determine as subjective and varied as that? And let's say you replaced Rem in her position, why in the world would the Cult be after some like her who does not have Emilia's social stigma, percived history and connection to their revered god? Furthermore as a candidate does she have any greater aspirations beyond loving Subaru?

A person's worth is determine by what the people in-universe want/see from them neagtive or positive. It doesn't have anything with how you personally feel the about character itself. Emilia's part of a despised race, a candidate for throne and spirit user who commands one 4 great spirits of this world. There no way nobody wpuldn't be interested in her just on those 4 factors. On a personal lebel she also happens to be a pleasant person to be around as far we know. She's at least kind enough to help strangers or kids without forcing obligations on them or mugging/killing/humiliating someone just for existing which is more what you can say for anyone Subaru has met. Whatever personal flaws she may have Emilia has already done enough just for being the only consisently decent levelled head person around him who has looked out for Subaru longer then most people would have without forcing him to jump throw hoops just to even live. Yeah I think person like that is worth supporting. At very least for a person like Subaru who has all he has in this world including Rem thanks to her. She never forced him to get involved in her troubles he decided that his own because she had became important to him.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-08-07 at 01:40.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote