View Single Post
Old 2016-08-01, 17:29   Link #53
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I never met a friend I made within few days that would comfort me this way. Even so, that pretty much means she considers Subaru as her friend at the very least, and not a disposable pawn. So that again proves my point she cares about him, instead of your pretense that she would use him or something.
Rem could also be summed up by 1 sentence as she is devoted to Subaru and nothing else, which is quite frankly exaggerated to do such. Same goes for Emilia: screentime and lack of changes don't immediately make a character bland whatsoever, otherwise we can just say everyone except Rem is not likable (including savior class characters like Reinhardt).
Now you're just undercutting Rem for the sake of it. It does make a character bland when we know next to nothing about them. Again, she only cares for him, because she's a nice person.

Quote:
For someone who don't have much characterization, Emilia was consistently shown as someone who care about others and have ambition of equality even if it means her reputation is put to the drain.
It's because she's naive and doesn't have the balls to stand up for herself. Standing there and taking abuse is not a good quality.

Quote:
For someone you consider a "plot device", she has actually more stuff than that.
Subaru himself said it took only half a day to reach the capital hence why he was puzzled why Rem took a route that would need 2-3 days.

There wasn't any indication regarding the time he needed to recover from his fight with the demons, and even so, that shouldn't even factor in their relationship because he was unconscious. No matter how long he is bed ridden, that doesn't make him magically closer to anyone.
What's this other stuff, do enlighten me, what's her other quality other than being nice?

And it's not just him being unconscious, he spent a great deal of time in most of the time working as a butler. There's roughly a 2 week time span from his respawn point to when shit hits the fan.

Quote:
Most words used by Subaru were either otaku stuff that doesn't make sense to them, or grandeur that sounds more like adoration than really love.
There isn't any instance where his love was made cut clean whatsoever in front of Emilia herself.
Absolutely not, and that's obvious with what she said about "Subaru's Emilia". She can no longer see herself in Subaru because what he says and does doesn't match with the current situation between both of them. Again, there is a glaring decrepency between both in term of relationship that made Emilia completely lost.
How can we be sure Subaru won't act like the reckless hero he believes he is? Do you really think his mindset around Julius' duel was the proper one?
As much as it hurt Subaru, that was a necessary slap in the face because he doesn't realize his own place, that's why he only figured out after so long. If he was self aware of his own weakness, he wouldn't have failed with Crusche and co.
Then pray tell why you can claim she is selfish and doesn't care about him when you backpedal in such fashion?
Already answered above: there is absolutely no evidence of declaration of love from him to her in a serious fashion. Again, the situation involves 2 persons who barely know each other for mere days.
Oh I dunno, constantly asking for dates and telling them how pretty they are, is a pretty big freaking hint.

Quote:
Because Subaru realizes how far Emilia can do for someone she doesn't know after realizing how important the dragon crest is. He even noted that in a loop where he doesn't meet her early, she still helps the apple vendor's daughter.
The first arc interactions were plenty obvious regarding that point as well as their early interactions in arc 2. You are just considering your own preference instead of considering Subaru's perspective there. Kindness towards him isn't the only factor.

Like flames said, Subaru still cares about Rem, but the impact of Emilia's actions and behaviour affected him way more. Simple as that.
Helping a lost little girl, oh my, so selfless! so overwhelmingly amazing! let me shed my crocodile tear over how impactful that is. Reinhardt helped him out way more and was way kinder to him, he should've been Subaru's first love.

In the end, we might as well agree to disagree. We probably won't see eye to eye on the matter being on opposite ends of the spectrum.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote