View Single Post
Old 2016-08-01, 14:59   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I do that for my friends, and I have friends that do that for me, do you not have any friends that just comforts you when you're sad?
I never met a friend I made within few days that would comfort me this way. Even so, that pretty much means she considers Subaru as her friend at the very least, and not a disposable pawn. So that again proves my point she cares about him, instead of your pretense that she would use him or something.
Quote:
I've always said she was nice, I've said that is the extent of her character. She's the most 2 dimensional character so far. That her entire character thus far can be summed up in 1 sentence.
Rem could also be summed up by 1 sentence as she is devoted to Subaru and nothing else, which is quite frankly exaggerated to do such. Same goes for Emilia: screentime and lack of changes don't immediately make a character bland whatsoever, otherwise we can just say everyone except Rem is not likable (including savior class characters like Reinhardt).
For someone who don't have much characterization, Emilia was consistently shown as someone who care about others and have ambition of equality even if it means her reputation is put to the drain.
For someone you consider a "plot device", she has actually more stuff than that.
Quote:
Pretty Sure Arc 2 took like 2 weeks, from the moment he woke up to the moment he dies to loop back again, and he was unconscious for a few days before the battle against the Mabeast. And after arc 2, it's an untold amount of time from then to when they travel to the Capital. And it takes like what 3 days if taken the short route from the mansion to the capital? And then 2 to 3 days till the elections ceremony.

So yes, it was a few weeks.
Subaru himself said it took only half a day to reach the capital hence why he was puzzled why Rem took a route that would need 2-3 days.
There wasn't any indication regarding the time he needed to recover from his fight with the demons, and even so, that shouldn't even factor in their relationship because he was unconscious. No matter how long he is bed ridden, that doesn't make him magically closer to anyone.
Quote:
The dude has literally been trying to get in her panties since forever, he wasn't cryptic about it. No it's not legit. If she couldn't figure that out, I don't know what to say.
Most words used by Subaru were either otaku stuff that doesn't make sense to them, or grandeur that sounds more like adoration than really love.
There isn't any instance where his love was made cut clean whatsoever in front of Emilia herself.
Quote:
She literally went emotionally blank when he started yelling at her. Like she didn't want to put up with it anymore. That's why I said she went "bye bitch"
Absolutely not, and that's obvious with what she said about "Subaru's Emilia". She can no longer see herself in Subaru because what he says and does doesn't match with the current situation between both of them. Again, there is a glaring decrepency between both in term of relationship that made Emilia completely lost.
Quote:
If only she tried, if she didn't turn her back on him, if she just stayed and kept and talking to him, Subaru wouldn't end up in the state that he was in. Rem kept pushing, when she could've easily walked away the same way Emilia did.
How can we be sure Subaru won't act like the reckless hero he believes he is? Do you really think his mindset around Julius' duel was the proper one?
As much as it hurt Subaru, that was a necessary slap in the face because he doesn't realize his own place, that's why he only figured out after so long. If he was self aware of his own weakness, he wouldn't have failed with Crusche and co.
Quote:
We don't know much about what goes on in Emilia's head, she's highly underdeveloped.
Then pray tell why you can claim she is selfish and doesn't care about him when you backpedal in such fashion?
Quote:
She's taking it all completely wrong, she thinks that he's treating her special because of her position/race/association, when that has nothing to do with it. He's treating her special because he's in love with her. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But I know I sound like a broken record, how can she not know this?
Already answered above: there is absolutely no evidence of declaration of love from him to her in a serious fashion. Again, the situation involves 2 persons who barely know each other for mere days.
Quote:
I still don't get Subaru's extreme attachment to Emilia, I really don't. They barely spent any time together, they really don't know each other all that well. Subaru's attachment is extremely superficial.
Because Subaru realizes how far Emilia can do for someone she doesn't know after realizing how important the dragon crest is. He even noted that in a loop where he doesn't meet her early, she still helps the apple vendor's daughter.
The first arc interactions were plenty obvious regarding that point as well as their early interactions in arc 2. You are just considering your own preference instead of considering Subaru's perspective there. Kindness towards him isn't the only factor.

Like flames said, Subaru still cares about Rem, but the impact of Emilia's actions and behaviour affected him way more. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incest Emblem View Post
I am rather skeptical of the idea that Emilia is nice, actually. Her contract with Puck seems to include a clause that says, "If I die, destroy the world." This is the sort of thing that makes me pause and wonder just what she wants.
Considering what Puck said in this episode, it is more like his own decision considering he can't imagine a world without her. In fact, it is possible that the contract forbid him to destroy the world. Another possibility is that the contract allow him freedom to do whatever he wants should she die.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2016-08-01 at 15:21.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote