View Single Post
Old 2016-08-01, 10:58   Link #44
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Rem didn't care about Subaru at that point, she was still leery of him having the stench of the witch. Or are you conveniently forgetting that? Not trying to diminish the scene, as it's one of my favorite scenes, but all she was doing was being a good friend.
And that's exactly why I've put that example because you "conveniently forgot that". You keep claiming Emilia doesn't care about Subaru which is quite false. Rem should know Subaru's circumstances from Emilia when he was invited to Roswaal domain, but she still killed him in several occasions, exactly because she didn't know everything about him. I'm mirroring both situations on purpose here: the same way how Emilia could trust Subaru immediately while Rem couldn't, Rem could support Subaru during arc 3 due to her position while it is impossible for Emilia.

And no, a mere good friend wouldn't go as far as comforting someone without prying on their circumstances if they didn't care about the latter.
Quote:
That's the least she can do, he literally put his life on the line to save the people of her domain. She's not a horrible person that'll throw him away.
Quite contradictory to how you painted her thus far.
Quote:
Does she really need to have it explained to her? I mean seriously? the guy couldn't make it more obvious. I don't blame Subaru for snapping at her for being mad at him for sticking up for her. If a girl screamed at me cause I got mad for her sake, I wouldn't even know what to think. And it hasn't been a few days, it's been a few weeks.
You have the privielege of having the omniscience perspective of the audience. Emilia doesn't, hence why I mentioned how different her situation is compared to Rem.

Emilia never questioned Subaru's devotion up until that very point. She is aware of the danger regarding the election and the issues it involves such as discrimination due to her blood heritage. That's the very reason why she cannot compute why Subaru is that hellbent with her.
And no, it has been days, at most 1 week for them in that loop: Subaru and Rem helped the village on the fourth day just like usual, then we got 1-2 days of casual activities, then half a day spent to go to the capital then we got the election issue.

You can't call that "few weeks" at all, which makes her relationship with Subaru quite short.
This is why Emilia is completely puzzled by his behaviour because she needs to know the reason of that, especially that she didn't save Subaru's life spontaneously this time: she nursed him after he protected her against Elsa, but the fact she saved him from thugs doesn't count in that loop. Therefore, Emilia's situation is perfectly reasonable, even moreso after the person she trusted without fail (no suspicion towards him unlike Roswal, Rem and Ram) broke a promise.
Quote:
If she's asking Subaru why he did that, then she never cared to try to understand his feelings for her.
She outright told him she can't understand, which means she tried but couldn't after all. Again, consider all the scenes involving Emilia in that given timeline:
-She was saved by someone who isn't supposed to know her at all.
-The said guy volunteers to work as a butler despite he could ask for riches and all
-Try VERY hard without telling why, on the verge of breaking
-Save a whole village despite being a mere human and nearly breaking his own mana gate

From Emilia's perspective, all Subaru's actions are definitely commendable, but there is absolutely nothing that would explain why he does that. Before their argument, Subaru never expressed his feelings nor explained himself at all, and she respected that. But after Julius incident which was life threatening for Subaru (either because Julius could potentially indict him for a death penalty or due to the abuse of his broken mana gate), it is no longer possible for her to let him do rash things without knowing why. Unlike Rem, she wasn't there most of the time, hence why her inability to understand Subaru is quite legit.

Quote:
Subaru has snapped before Rem multiple times this arc, and just as bad if not worst in this episode. And she never turned her back on him the way Emilia did, Emilia went "bye bitch" the moment shit went uncomfortable for her. Emilia quickness to leave Subaru without really trying, pushed Subaru's decent into madness.
There is a very big difference here: Subaru is endangering his life for Emilia's sake, which is the core issue with her: she wants him to treat her normally, but Subaru ignores completely that. Worse: Subaru doesn't even care about what Emilia wants from him, hence why she couldn't accept his claim that it was "all for her sake". Rash kindness and selfness isn't all dandy when it leads to collateral damage. That's the very reason Emilia want to cut ties with him because it is perfectly reasonable to expect him to die if he keeps being rash.

Her expression during their confrontation is quite telling: she isn't happy in doing that, and I sincerely don't know how you can even call that "bye bitch".
This is even more obvious when Subaru finally found Emilia in ep17: she was more worried for the fact that he came back even though he is supposed to be treated by Fellis. So the whole point of leaving Subaru there was for his own good.
Quote:
Yes, Subaru is at fault for not being explaining things properly, mostly due to the curse, but like I said before Rem still understood Subaru without him having to explain himself. She saw him as the person, she judged him by his actions, he not only saved her from the mabeast, but also for herself. What he did for her after the battle was what clenched the deal.
And that's why you cannot compare Emilia and Rem at all because circumstances aren't the same at all. Rem witnessed first hand how Subaru acted, even on the verge of dying, which was inspiring. Emilia at most saw Subaru fighting Elsa, which was vastly different when you compare both. The gap between both is so large that it can't even be compared.
Quote:
Subaru always put others before himself, this is a fact. You cannot argue this, if he cared more about himself, he would've ditched this shitstorm a long time ago.
I never stated otherwise, and this is exactly because of that point that Emilia wanted to discuss with him. The fact he care for others is nice, but to the point of nearly dying several times? At some point, you cannot call that courage or heroism, but recklessness. It is even more natural for her since she doesn't know he can reset. You also have to consider the fact that Emilia wanted him to treat equally, which makes sense with her own wish to impose equality in the current kingdom.
Quote:
Rem realizes this, and that kindness is what won her over. Emilia should've noticed this too if she even cared to look. I was angry when she told Subaru that he was doing it for himself. I'm like you freaking serious? granted we as the audience see more, but still the guy has put his life on the line multiple times.
There have been several instances where Emilia noted Subaru's actions, and that was in all the timelines thus far, so no, she cared about him right after they were done with Elsa. If she didn't care about him, there is no way scenes like Subaru resting on her lap would ever happen and so forth.

Finally, Emilia is actually right regarding this point: again, Subaru hardly tells her anything. Rem is the only one who listen to Subaru when the latter finally explains he wants to save her the same way she saved him. But that doesn't count for her, exactly because it was impossible for her to know that.

I honestly don't care about shipping wars and whatnot, but it just baffles me that some people have to create a fallacious narrative to prove "one girl is better than another".

Last edited by Klashikari; 2016-08-01 at 11:24.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote