View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 17:42   Link #43
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
She bothered to know him more, several times already: when Subaru was desperately trying to be efficient and cheerful during arc 2, no one batted an eye except Emilia who asked reasons for such behaviour, and even when he refused to tell her, she gave him her support, whereas Rem just couldn't compute what was wrong with him.
Rem didn't care about Subaru at that point, she was still leery of him having the stench of the witch. Or are you conveniently forgetting that? Not trying to diminish the scene, as it's one of my favorite scenes, but all she was doing was being a good friend.

Quote:
She went as far as making a contract with Crusche even though she had no obligation to restore subaru's mana gate whatsoever. Roswaal even commented how hard it has been for her to do that, and she brushed it off as a repayment for all the good deeds Subaru has done thus far.
That's the least she can do, he literally put his life on the line to save the people of her domain. She's not a horrible person that'll throw him away.

Quote:
Her very first reaction when Subaru was facing Julius was out of concern for his well being. This is even more obvious considering her reactions to the other candidates aloof comments. Even after their their argument, she made arrangements with Crusche so that Felix still goes on with Subaru's treatment.

And as I said before, She wanted to know why he fought Julius before talking about their promise (and considering what Puck said, this is akin to a crime for Spirit and Spirit users). That shows quite well that she has put her trust on Subaru on the line ahead of the principle of promise as a spirit user.
Subaru never bothered explaining aside of "getting back at Julius", and even nailed the point about how emilia could never understand him, which is obvious because he doesn't bother explaining anything.

And if you noticed her reaction, she was obviously hurt when Subaru was saying "it was all for her sake". And this is where their mutual trust turned into shambles because it was the same issue with Subaru: he didn't go as far as considering the person he has in front of him, that's why Emilia was obviously hurt when he didn't keep his promise, yet asked her to believe him (and remember that for THAT Emilia, only few days have passed since their first encounter).
Does she really need to have it explained to her? I mean seriously? the guy couldn't make it more obvious. I don't blame Subaru for snapping at her for being mad at him for sticking up for her. If a girl screamed at me cause I got mad for her sake, I wouldn't even know what to think. And it hasn't been a few days, it's been a few weeks.

If she's asking Subaru why he did that, then she never cared to try to understand his feelings for her.

Subaru has snapped before Rem multiple times this arc, and just as bad if not worst in this episode. And she never turned her back on him the way Emilia did, Emilia went "bye bitch" the moment shit went uncomfortable for her. Emilia quickness to leave Subaru without really trying, pushed Subaru's decent into madness.

Quote:
Even after that gap between them, Subaru couldn't explain properly why he helped her. This is the very important point: Emilia cannot see herself in Subaru in the way how he acted thus far due to the decrepencies between his actions and their relationship thus far. The devotion Subaru had for Emilia is rather a devotion targeted to "Emilia" as a whole, as in the combined individual who saved him in arc 1 and all other points combined, which is obviously not what happened for the current Emilia.
It is as if he was acting like a lover with a girl who barely knows his name: there is a huge gap between both, and even with her efforts to understand him, Subaru did absolutely nothing to bridge such gap.

Rem was touched by Subaru's heroism on a fleeting moment and could witness his action on the sidelines. Emilia's situation is completely different and it isn't even surprising that she wouldn't moved the same way as Rem was. Not because she is "worst girl", "selfish" or whatever you name her: she is on the receiving end of Subaru's "illogical" course of actions for days without any explanation or even footing in term of relationship.
Yes, Subaru is at fault for not being explaining things properly, mostly due to the curse, but like I said before Rem still understood Subaru without him having to explain himself. She saw him as the person, she judged him by his actions, he not only saved her from the mabeast, but also for herself. What he did for her after the battle was what clenched the deal.

Subaru always put others before himself, this is a fact. You cannot argue this, if he cared more about himself, he would've ditched this shitstorm a long time ago. Rem realizes this, and that kindness is what won her over. Emilia should've noticed this too if she even cared to look. I was angry when she told Subaru that he was doing it for himself. I'm like you freaking serious? granted we as the audience see more, but still the guy has put his life on the line multiple times.

But I digress, agree to disagree, if it comes down to it.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote