View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 17:26   Link #77
Mangonel

Well, this was refreshing.

The Remship needs to remember she turned down his request to run away together first! Although, it goes without saying any red-blooded male would be hard pressed to turn down such a display of devotion. Harem ending? Emilia definitely needs to step up her game after this. Super-kindness only gets so many points.

I don't think its fair for Subaru to lose extra faith for the promise. Everyone knows hes a foreigner so how would he know promises are extra special to Spirit Artes users? Subaru ending up making an ass of himself at court is 60/40 Emilia's fault imo. If she'd simply respected his wish to help in some way and given him something to do or otherwise gave him a better explanation than 'just don't' the whole mess would likely have been avoided.

That said, I really, really, really hope this conversation with Rem ends up in the next 'checkpoint'. It really makes Subaru's relationships one-sided if the true-path's never keep the meaningful times where he breaks down and needs help. Part of the issue with his relationship with Emilia is hes basically been flawless up till now from her POV.

Subaru finally realizes hes not in a game in this world. Hes not the protagonist leveling up to beat the big bad. Hes just as worthless here as he was being a NEET IRL. I have my hopes up for a new approach to solving the current crises next ep. that hopefully keeps the Rem-talk in the true/final timeline.

Edit:
Also, why does Emilia have a destroy the world if I die pact with Puck? I wonder if this is something Subaru can ask about when he gets the next opportunity and whether or not the curse'll let him and if it does what would be Puck/Lia's reaction to his knowing. I suspect Puck might be able to pick up on Subaru's curse in that case.

Last edited by Mangonel; 2016-07-31 at 17:38.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote