View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 16:20   Link #70
moridin84
Custom User Title

Wow, that episode sure was something.

----

There were a lot of things but Rem's "I thought about it" when Subaru suggested running away was really sweet. She had the whole thing mapped out so it's not she thought of it just then, it's clearly something she fantasized about.

Subura rejecting Rem directly might seem a bit harsh but it's better to properly answer a confession then leave things vague. Rem already knew anyway but it's better than Subaru stated it clearly and they both understand what their relationship is. Especially since he really does care and treasure Rem. It's would be very easy for Rem to misinterpret Subaru's feelings.

In regards to those people complaining that Emilia is just a plot device... well yeah to a degree she is. I think she had a certain amount of development as well, though. In any case, I think you guys at just mad at Emilia because she wrecks the Subaru X Rem ship. That's not very mature.

The first of Subaru's "sins" as proclaimed by Puck was that Subaru broke his promise to Emilia when he promised not to come to the meeting. He claimed it was more serious than Subaru realized. Thinking about it, I don't think that Puck actually talked about Subaru after that happened.

----

I recommend people put any detailed comments about Subaru X Rem into the Rem character discussion page.

[EDIT]
Oh and another thing. It seems like Subaru half forgot about the fact that he saved Rem in the last arc. Part of it I'm sure is that he with all the suffering and death in this arc, he can only see his failures. I'm wondering though, whether part of it is that's he's actually half-confused about that "really" happen in the last arc. Everyone but the last route was reset but I wonder if he remembers which memories were in the BAD END routes and which were in the last.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote