View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 14:56   Link #39
DemonneoPT

My gawd Subaru.. just marry Rem already..lol. Beautiful dialogue indeed. Rem once again being amazing! Some may argue Subaru was too cruel by saying he loves Emilia after what Rem just did for him, including admiting she loves him but, truth to be told, a guy can't control his "heart" and if he likes another girl he should say it from the beggining and not taking advantage of her feelings. He is not obligated to stay with Rem if he only sees her as a precious friend and being honest about it was the manliest thing he could ever do. And even after that Rem accepted it with a smile on her face... now i understand why the LN/manga readers like her so much (i though it was just because of her childish design ). She really outdid herself in this episode.

And i think Subaru was too harsh on himself. He kinda looked like those guys here in the thread that were constantly criticizing him..lol. True he was a nobody, an useless nerd, does not have the strengh, super magic or the brightest mind and failed miserably in saving people from the cult but at least he tried to do something even tho he is as average as it can get. Like Rem said, he is an hero able to put his life on the line to save people even tho he is weak! He endured all kinds of nasty stuff and died so many times when he could just go away after episode 1 as i would.
The emotional trauma he had after coming to Lugunica was enough to send most people to a madhouse. So, give yourself some credit Subaru and listen to what Rem just said.

And what about Puck? Sure he was enraged but his last sentence he said to Subaru was really suspicious... why would he repeat Betelgeuse's trademark?
And the Whale is Gluttony or some of the Gluttony Witch creations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Unfortunately I agree with your assessment. Like you imply I think the overly protective posts of every single flaw Subaru has probably made me more overly critical when watching then I would normally be for another show with similar character—especially given what kind of episodes we got after the "determined eyes" cliffhanger a few episodes back.

Oh well. At least now I know first hand where the hate for "fanboys" comes from. Gained something from the "discussion" at least.
That makes no sense. I do not even read the LN novels (since i hate reading books) yet i was able to form a different opinion of Subaru compared to yours. If i'm a fanboy because i disagree with you, should i call you an hater? That's not how it works. The show already gave tons of hints as to why Subaru acts the way he acts and people just interpreted it in their own way. And this episode was all about that and addressed a lot of topics discussed here in the forum. If you are not ready to accept different views then yes, you should actually stay away from these threads like you suggested.

Last edited by DemonneoPT; 2016-07-31 at 15:07.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote