View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 14:31   Link #32
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
As you say I think discussing with other people coming from spoiler land is ruining the show for you. At least I'm sad to see you so dejected about it specially after you seem to be more enthusiastic about it earlier on. If it was me I'd ban novels/spoiler readers from even participating in these threads aside from general impressions, but such is life.
Unfortunately I agree with your assessment. Like you imply I think the overly protective posts of every single flaw Subaru has probably made me more overly critical when watching then I would normally be for another show with similar character—especially given what kind of episodes we got after the "determined eyes" cliffhanger a few episodes back.

Oh well. At least now I know first hand where the hate for "fanboys" comes from. Gained something from the "discussion" at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I'd suggest you to just take a step back and take the series for what it is. You know it's getting bad when you are using terms like deus ex machina, but I'm almost sure Zeus won't be coming down to save the day next episode.
It's fine, fortunately as I said in earlier threads I like everything else, Rem, the settings, etc. I don't really care if it ends in a deus ex machina. It's actually more exiting this way since maybe it will be interesting purely from a writing perspective (enjoyable or not).

Will probably just say away form these threads and the re:zero forum, since non-Subaru discussions don't really seem to take off anyway.