View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 14:09   Link #22
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Oh is that so. So I wasn't wrong when I guessed everyone was trolling the previous episode threads by tacking some moral high ground knowing that the show would "justify" your stance regardless of what you wrote.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Also sorry to inform you, the show pretty much confirmed (not that if it didn't say it or said it otherwise would have made a difference), that thinking of giving up is stupid and fruitless (early in the episode by Rem), that Subaru is an idiot (his own words), that Subaru wasn't actually suffering from any mental problems other then self inflicted ones (his own words and the final moments with Puck). I think you all might have read your spoilers wrong, or in the novel its different.

I guess it's still too early to tell if that was all there was to the "redemption" angle; though it's pretty much a wash already for me. Felt sorry for Rem but the occasional Subaru moments showing all the things that he supposedly did (that in the actual episodes was just him screaming; missing novel material?) mostly sullied the scenes. His charming "I actually like Emilia" at the end was also the cherry on the cake.

Let's see what this deus ex machina we get next week is about.
Don't insult the show. At no point did one need spoilers of future events to empathize with Subaru. No one ever said he should give, everyone knew he was idiot, and mental problems was an umbrella term for emotional trauma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Gah, that's true =0|. It still stings a little knowing how much Rem bared herself, but yeah, being on the same page with their feelings definitely will nix any painful misunderstandings later on(and hopefully will make them even closer as well).
Don't let it get to you. She confessed to help him pull his shit together, not so he'd reciprocate her feelings. If you want to smack him because he's still in love with Emilia after all this then I'm with you.