View Single Post
Old 2016-07-31, 13:54   Link #15
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:

Also sorry to inform you, the show pretty much confirmed (not that if it didn't say it or said it otherwise would have made a difference), that thinking of giving up is stupid and fruitless (early in the episode by Rem), that Subaru is an idiot (his own words), that Subaru wasn't actually suffering from any mental problems other then self inflicted ones (his own words and the final moments with Puck). I think you all might have read your spoilers wrong, or in the novel its different.

I guess it's still too early to tell if that was all there was to the "redemption" angle; though it's pretty much a wash already for me. Felt sorry for Rem but the occasional Subaru moments showing all the things that he supposedly did (that in the actual episodes was just him screaming; missing novel material?) mostly sullied the scenes. His charming "I actually like Emilia" at the end was also the cherry on the cake.

Let's see what this deus ex machina we get next week is about.
As you say I think discussing with other people coming from spoiler land is ruining the show for you. At least I'm sad to see you so dejected about it specially after you seem to be more enthusiastic about it earlier on. If it was me I'd ban novels/spoiler readers from even participating in these threads aside from general impressions, but such is life.

I'd suggest you to just take a step back and take the series for what it is. You know it's getting bad when you are using terms like deus ex machina, but I'm almost sure Zeus won't be coming down to save the day next episode.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote