View Single Post
Old 2016-07-17, 04:17   Link #49
Kakurin
大佐

A mixed-bag of an episode. The You-Chika dynamic was nice. As is the approach with a very warm-hearted town/city, making use of the different setting of a smaller community compared to Otonokizaka in Tokyo. The negative was the messed up pacing. While the first half passed far too quickly the second half wasted time with the artificial attempt at creating a bit of tension/drama with Chika getting the date wrong and hardly anybody showing up at first. Considering the support/disband condition of Mari I couldn't take it seriously. Reminded me in a way of the last arc of the first Muse season with Kotori which I did not appreciate as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Even the group name has more meaning and dept than Muse. Aquors is named after the beach where the 3 main girls met, while Muse is just about musical goddess.
You may know more about it from other stuff, but from an anime-only point of view at this point the name "Aqours" is a random name they picked up on the beach. No difference whatsover to Muse finding their name from a random single suggestion in the box. I don't quite get why you try to force a Aqours > Muse angle with this post.