View Single Post
Old 2016-07-16, 23:55   Link #43
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Different experiences, that's all. Never've been into stuff like that, and I switched schools like crazy back in the day, so there was never much attachment until the school I graduated from, which I know for a fact is still open. Recently I found out many of the other schools I went to are closed, and it was sad, but that was after seeing the original LL.

It's not like I hated that plot point, not at all, and I was glad to see Honoka and the crew accomplish their goal with such success, its just having people close by backing you up and wanting to answer those feelings hits way closer to home, so let me change that previous statement to It's more believeable to me.
If there are people in the real world who feel/felt passionately about saving their schools, then it's a believable motivation in a work of fiction, period. It's fine to say that certain motivations hit home more for you than others, but "believability" is something more basic than that. You don't have to personally relate to something to consider it believable. I have little interest in mahjong, and what interest I do have is solely due to the Saki anime, but I can completely accept and believe that the Saki-verse girls care a lot about this game and high school-level competitions over it. The reason I can is because there are people in real life who care a lot about all sorts of games, some of which don't interest me much.

It's completely believable for μ's to be strongly motivated to save their school. You might not have had strong feelings about it, but that doesn't mean it's not believable.

But I will say that Chika's desire to reach out to the gathered crowd and not let them down is also believable.