View Single Post
Old 2016-07-12, 16:28   Link #12
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Maybe I'm just weird, but I never required hours upon hours of exposure before I actually was able to care for a character. A lot of their worth can be inferred through their interactions with characters we do know and empathize with, for example.

Also, on the flipside, it's hard to call someone shallow if you've been exposed to them so little. In a show with so many characters, that'd be almost unfair.

I'd also hardly call this arc Rem-focused since it did nothing but reaffirm things about her that were already established. She has a strong sense of loyalty, which is pretty much her shtick. There's nothing else you can say about her, really.
I agree. It's rather short-sighted to call a character shallow due lack of screentime or fact they possess some common character traits. Outside of being more fleshed out it's not as if Rem is unique in that regard either and I still like her a lot regardless. In fact if one hasn't noticed Rem (and Ram to lesser extent) are the only characters we know everyting about besides Subaru himself (also to a somewhat lesser degree) simply because she is the only one Subaru has won over completely. For everyone else's Subaru is still viewed either a friend, co-worker or aquntiance even if he's closer to them then they are to him due to loops.

Emilia has demostrate a decent amount of characterization even if we haven't gotten in depth with her, but those are spread throughout the episodes. And think it's pretty obivious you will learn more about her like with Rem when the that time comes as it is not as if this is the end of story. Same for every character honestly.

I also don't know what being just "heroine" is supposed to mean since last I check it just position not personality trait. Heronines in anime are extremely varied to begin (hotheaded, dizzy, kuuderes, yanderes etc) there no such thing as a generic template their all adhere too.

Last edited by Applehell; 2016-07-13 at 10:33.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote